a comfortable cup of tea

a comfortable cup of tea

Friday, August 29, 2008

... heart of my heart ...

can i tell you where i’ve been? what i’ve done and failed to do? can i tell you whom i have loved? the risks involved … the costs which have been paid … the shame and the ecstasy? can you sit with me awhile? can you hold me ‘til I can feel you? can you love me as I have loved another? can you teach me how to love you? can you rock me in your arms? can you satiate my desires? can you remind me who I have been? who I am and will become? can you take my hand in yours? guide me to a brand new day? tell me that you love me now more than yesterday? just as I am? no matter where I have been? because … right now … i cannot.

2 comments:

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

Absolutely lovely!

Anonymous said...

How moving with longing this one is. If I could just be there like that for my girls-but I'm not sure anyone could manage that but God. Just beautiful as always!!

a comfortable cup of tea ...

http://acomfortablecupoftea.blogspot.com/