a comfortable cup of tea

a comfortable cup of tea

Monday, June 16, 2008

i am happiest when i am creating ...

Several months ago a good friend asked me to complete the following sentence: I am happiest when ... That question has remained in my heart and mind ever since and I would still answer it exactly the way I did when it was first asked. I truly am happiest when I am creating, be it writing ... drawing ... sewing ... drumming ... brainstorming ... that is when I feel I am most at home with myself.

My siblings and I recently moved my 81 year old parents from the family home ~ they/we lived there 46 years! ~ into a 2 bedroom senior living apartment. Inspired by Dana of
Old Red Barn Company, I decided to transform my mom's old card table into something I could use.

 

I didn't take any before pictures but it was in pretty bad shape. I painted it a barn red and used ModPodge to adhere 4x5 inch rectangles of Thimbleberry print fabric that I received from a PIF (sorry, my cell phone doesn't take pictures like Dana's!!). Now I just have to find out what kind of acrylic she used to seal it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought I was crafty doing scrapbooks and all, but after seeing all your quilts and your latest card table project, I need to hang out with you more! You must pass on to me your "Martha-ness"! :-)
Love you!

Anonymous said...

I think it turned out great. Dana does the neatest things! The table looks so pretty-but I know you appreciate knowing it was your parents too.

~Niki~ said...

Thank you so very much for joining my Just Us Quilters list. I'm asking that everyone kindly add my button to their front pages of the blog. I have the HTML code on the sidebar to easily grab and paste under customize, html. Thanks a bunch! Niki

Dana said...

Oh my!! How have I not seen this yet????!!!??!! How FANTASTIC is that??!

Brilliant idea. I'll have to try that. :)

a comfortable cup of tea ...

http://acomfortablecupoftea.blogspot.com/