a comfortable cup of tea

a comfortable cup of tea

Thursday, June 10, 2010

Waking My Dad

A journal entry from June 18, 2009
What did you think of the day, Dad? There were so many people who came to see you ... So much love and respect was spoken of you, so rightly so. I know you were proud of your family today ~ were you surpised by the witness of your life spoken by your grandchildren? They adored you, Dad. I miss you. It felt almost like watching a dream ... Seeing you in that box. I kept waiting for you to open your eyes and smile with your wink, but you did not move. I found myself saying over and over again "I cannot believe my dad has died." I truly am in great disbelief. My tears speak of my great love for you, Dad. I wish you hadn't left us so soon, so quickly. I love you.

2 comments:

Tipper said...

Your journal entries are so moving-so powerful-so sad. They're hard for me to comment on-cause they make me wonder how I'll live without Pap someday-I'm not sure I can. But on the other hand-the entries are so full of love and faith they give me hope too-to know you survived and the love you had for your Father continues to live.

sarah, rsm said...

I so understand your feelings, Tipper, and I thought the same before my dad died. We were/ARE very close. I have learned that God gives us the strength we need when we need it, as well as supportive friends - like YOU - to get us through. Thank you for all of your love and prayers this last year. I would not be where I am today without them.

Sarah

a comfortable cup of tea ...

http://acomfortablecupoftea.blogspot.com/