a comfortable cup of tea

a comfortable cup of tea

Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Religious Life in 2010

Kudos to the Dominican Sisters of Mary for their portrayal of religious life as they see it on Oprah yesterday. Additionally, I feel a great sense of disappointment for myself and the hundreds of thousands of women religious within the U.S. whose lives are likewise dedicated to the spreading of the Gospel but cannot identify with the lifestyle of the Sisters portrayed on Oprah. I am sorry the discussion did not involve at least a few of the numerous ways in which the call to religious life is lived out in 2010.

2 comments:

petra michelle; Whose role is it anyway? said...

Hi Sarah! Just came in from a walk outdoors in our first major snowfall, and, of course, I've got a cup of tea to help warm me up and apprecite your post!

Blessings! Petra :))

Tipper said...

I didn't see the show-but I'm wishing I did after reading this.

a comfortable cup of tea ...

http://acomfortablecupoftea.blogspot.com/